It’s hard to beat the old-school classic biscuits and this recipe pays homage to our favourite jammiest biscuits… Jammy Dodgers. There’s something wonderfully nostalgic about these quintessentially British biscuits and they taste delicious too! Our Jammy Dodger Cheesecake is an irresistible take on the traditional biscuit. A digestive and Jammy Dodgers base, a creamy cheesecake and jam-swirled filling, with even more Jammy Dodgers on top for a pretty finishing touch.
Jammie Dodger Cheesecake
You will need an 8inch (20cm) loose bottom tin to make this delicious dessert. This will serve 12.
For the base:
10 Jammie Dodgers (roughly 150g)
150g plain digestive biscuits
100g butter, melted
For the filling:
400g cream cheese
100g icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
150g creme fraiche
300ml double cream
50g raspberries, roughly chopped
200g seedless raspberry jam (we could only find jam with seeds, so we pushed the jam through a sieve to remove the seeds)
For the decoration:
200ml double cream
2 tbs of icing sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
mini Jammie Dodgers
handful of raspberries
- Begin with making the biscuit base. Crush all the biscuits together in a large freezer bag using a rolling pin.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Add the crushed biscuits, stir well, and pour into tin. You’ll find the jam from the Jammie Dodgers doesn’t crush and stays whole, so we placed these evenly around the tin so every slice would get some.
- Put this base in the fridge to set whilst you make the topping.
- In a clean mixing bowl, put your cream cheese, icing sugar, vanilla extract, crème fraiche and double cream and mix well with a hand whisk or mixer until like whipped cream.
- Add the raspberry jam and raspberries, and swirl through so it looks marbled (don’t mix it all in, it looks better white and red rather than pink).
- Pour over biscuit base and leave to set for a few hours (or overnight would be better)
- To decorate, whip the double cream with the icing sugar and vanilla extract. Put in piping bag and pipe swirls round edge of cake. Place mini Jammie Dodgers with raspberries in centre of cake.
Serve, indulge and enjoy.