If you’re looking for the perfect back to school treat, this is it! Our Fudgey Squares recipe is a favourite for little ones (and grown ups too). Our Facebook fan Dawn tried it and here is the fabulous photo she shared with us – don’t they look divine! You’ll find the full recipe below and please share your finished Fudgey Squares with us on Facebook or Twitter tagging @CountryPuddings
- 175g caster sugar
- 125g butter
- 2 tbs golden syrup
- 200g tin condensed milk
- 213g packet digestive biscuits
- 175g plain chocolate
- Crush biscuits into crumbs.
- Grease baking tray (swiss roll size).
- Put sugar, butter, syrup, and condensed milk into saucepan over low heat and melt.
- Boil for approx 5 minutes.
- Add crushed biscuits to boiled mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into tin and level with spatula.
- Melt chocolate in bowl over pan of hot water.
- Spread evenly over biscuit mixture and allow to cool.
- Divide into squares.
- Indulge and enjoy!