The Country Puddings journey began in November 2000 when farmer’s wife Lynne Mallinson started making Sticky Toffee Pudding from her farmhouse kitchen for the local farm shop in Penrith, Cumbria. Word soon spread, the pudding range grew, and a barn on the family farm was converted into a dedicated pudding kitchen to enable the fledgling business to grow.
After five years, this proved to be too small, and in 2007 the business moved to new premises on a business park nearby. Now with a range of twenty traditional favourite puddings and custards, sixteen Great Taste Awards, a well-trained team and walk in cookers, the business still has room to expand.
That said, even though there are ambitious plans to make the puddings and custards available the length and breadth of the United Kingdom, Country Puddings will not compromise on quality, and always follow their “Pudding Pledge”.
- To use the best quality ingredients – we won’t compromise on the quality of our puddings and dessert sauces, and tirelessly search to find the best possible ingredients; some of which come from right on our doorstep in rural Cumbria.
- Always produce the highest quality products – our “Chief Pudding Taster” regularly checks that our high standards are being upheld, and any new puddings we try have to be approved before they can be launched.
- To develop recipes that you want – We all have fond memories of our taste buds past, and if you have a favourite pudding that reminds you of your childhood days, please let us know so that we can experiment in our development kitchen.
- Be sustainable – from using locally sourced produce and suppliers, to recycling our waste and being energy efficient, we try to do our bit to help the environment and the sustainability of the beautiful Lake District where we live.
- To develop our team – not only do we spend time developing our pudding recipes, but we invest time in our growing team through training and development, to ensure all aspects of the Country Puddings brand is the best it can be.
If you’d like to become one of our stockists, please do get in touch either by telephone or email. We’d love to hear from you.